CONTESTS, EVENTS, ANNOUNCEMENTS
Please Contact Us if you learn of updates to these events and/or additonal photographic contests and events.
UPCOMING EVENTS and/or EXHIBIT OPPORTUNITIES:
- MONTHLY PHOTOGRAPHY CHALLENGES ARE A REGULAR EVENT
~~ Our monthly club meeting will feature an exhibit/contest for those attending the meeting. Each person who attends the meeting is invited to bring three photos to the meeting for the exhibit. As he or she comes into the meeting, pick up a Post-it note, attach it to the photo, put a number on the note, and place it on the exhibit table. During the meeting, each person in attendance will pick up a ballot and vote for their first three choices.
By the end of the meeting, the ballots will be counted, and the first three place winners will be announced. Those three pictures will be featured in the next month’s newsletter, on Facebook and on this website. This is not a big deal. Its purpose is to share what works with each other and encourage members to try new things.
- The West Virginia STRAWBERRY FESTIVAL A spring photography contest sponsored by the Buckhannon Upshur Camera Club www.bucameraclub.com, Buckhannon, WV
- SHEEP & FIBERFEST PHOTO CONTEST A spring photography contest held at the Greene County Fairgrounds, Waynesburg, PA. Visit www.sheepandfiber.com for more details.
- MEMORIAL DAY CONTEST with the Taylor County Photography Contest.
- JACKTOWN FAIR Fair website: www.jacktownfair.org
- GREENE COUNTY FAIR The August Fair's website: www.greenecountyfair.org)
- MORGANTOWN WINE & JAZZ An early fall photography contest. Visit their website: wvwineandjazz.com
- BOWLBY LIBRARY EXHIBIT September - October (Website: evakbowlby.org)
- GREENESAVER CALENDAR CONTEST A total of $1,300 will be awarded in prize money. 12 photos of entries will selected to be featured in each month of the calendar. The winning photo of the Judge’s Choice Award will be featured on the front cover.
There’s no entry fee, and all ages are eligible.
We’re looking for photos that portray the good life in and around Greene County, such as:
- Scenic Beauty – Buildings and structures, landscapes, flowers or trees, farms and fences, country roads and seasonal scenes.
- Local Lifestyles – People and pets, family activities at work or at play — we’re looking for “kids, critters and cousins” … folks having fun!
For more information, go to www.greenesaver.com
- Community Spirit – Local festivals, sporting & school events, or anything that shows your small town is special!
MONTHLY PROGRAMS and PRESENTATIONS ~~
Each month we have a photographic challenge for a specific theme. The challenge topics are listed in the newsletters.
Anyone interested in photography is invited to attend and join our club. See our most recent newsletter for the most up-to-date meeting announcements.
The Greene County Photo Club meets every 4th Tuesday at 7:00 pm at the Waynesburg Bible Chapel
(located on Greene Street in Waynesburg, just before King's Car Wash near the underpass)
-- unless otherwise posted.
- GREENE FROM THE BLUE by club member, Jerry Hardy, includes aerial photos of most of the communities, some of the businesses, some of the farms, most of the schools, a few of the churches, and other places of interest in Greene County.
Contact Jerry for more details..