- January 2009: Reminder to club members that membership dues remain at $12 per person or $18 per family for 2009,
and they will be collected at the January meeting. Dues can also be mailed to Debbie Hoy, club treasurer.
- January 2009: Before the January meeting, a questionnaire will be prepared and sent to our current & past
members -- to survey how we can improve our club membership, attendance, and activities. When you receive your questionnaire,
please complete it and return ASAP to Jerry so we can begin to enhance what we're doing to make it more appropriated for
- November/December 2008 News: Our club
has applied and received membership in the Photographic Society of America (PSA). Please log on to
www.psa-photo.org to see what is offered. Club members will
need to get the club's password from Janice so you can access all the materials, information, and services available
to each of us as a club member.
- October 2008 Meeting News: Janice reported that our club has applied for membership in the Photographic
Society of America. It may take up to 3 weeks to process the membership application, but once completed, we
will all be able to access the PSA website (www.psa-photo.org).
Once accepted, club members will be advised of log-in procedures.
- REQUEST: We are still looking toward field trips that the club could take. There have been a few
suggestions, but to date nothing has been finalized. Try to come up with some ideas and share them with
the rest of the club members.
- REMINDER: to get your spring photos ready for the 2009 GreeneSaver calendar right
away. Spring photos are due in ther by June 30.
- Thursday, December 12, 2007 ~~
WHITE WOLF SANCTUARY PRESENTATION ~~ Carolyn Whitehead of Mt. Morris will speak at Bowlby Public
Library at 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday, December 12, 2007. She will present a slide show on her visit this summer
to Oregonís White Wolf Sanctuary. Carolyn also has donated a DVD copy of her photographic journey set to
Native American music by Gary "Cornsmoke" LaCarte. The DVD will be available at the library with a
portion of the proceeds being donated to the sanctuary.
- December, IMPORTANT NOTICE OF CHANGES ~~ Starting in January 2008, the meeting dates will be
changed to the fourth Tuesday of each month.
Our next meeting will be held on Tuesday, June 24th at 7:00 pm at the Extension Office in
- CLUB FUNDRAISER ~~ our photo club will be making greeting cards to generate revenue for
the club operation expenses. So bring your Greene County Scenes appropriate photos in
for Pam to get started on some of the greeting cards. Just submit your 4x6 photo's with your
name, phone number, a caption about the photo, the location where it was taken and the words
"Greeting Card" on a separate sheet of paper taped to the back of the photo. Here's
a guide list for card scenes (but do not let this limit your scenes):
Covered Bridges, Courthouse (old & new), Mail Pouch Barns, Old Schools, Area Churches,
Historical Society, Thomas Hughes House, Waynesburg College, Fairs & Festivals, and more ...
The Greene County Photo Club meets every 4th Tuesday at 7:00 pm at the Waynesburg Bible Chapel
(located on Greene Street in Waynesburg, just before King's Car Wash near the underpass)
-- unless otherwise posted.
For more info call Janice Morris at 724-627-6315.
. . . Thank you again for visiting our GCPC website.